On Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich devices, the widgets stretch the current condition layout to the resized area.
On Jellybean, KitKat, Lollipop and higher, the widget layout depends on the aspect ratio of the resized area:
- If the new area is roughly rectangular, it just displays the current condition:
- If the new area has space below, it shows a forecast, the size of which depends on how much space there is to show it. The more space, the more detail.
In addition, the Skyscape and Black Glass themes have been greatly improved, the default widget size itself is much larger than before so it fills more of the screen, and there are new options to hide not only the border (to get a Samsung style flat widget) but also hide the birds and airplane if required.
So what's next? I will be working on the following simultaneously:
- Adding new Weather Providers
- Updating the main app screen so it reflects the widget theme, rather than always showing a Skyscape style layout
- Adding a Stonehenge theme (see below for initial ideas):
Enjoy the new version!