This has the long awaited new Pirate Theme, with all the usual weather conditions looking out the porthole of a pirate ships cabin onto pitching and rolling seas. Featuring:
Swinging lantern with a candle that flickers in night and sunset scenes
Moving steering chain
Like the Town House theme, this consists of many layers of complex animation, so is a lot slower to start the main screen than the other themes, but the widget itself is just as fast and smooth as always.
So what is next?
1. First I want to redo the YouTube demo video for the widget, as it is woefully out of date, and doesn't show any of the new features or themes.
2. There is a new Android PercentageLayout technology available that should let me speed up the main screen considerably, so I will have a look at that next.
3. I want to will take another look at the idea of a 6 hour morning, afternoon, evening and night forecast for a particular day.
4. Then after that start on some new themes maybe, not sure yet which I will turn my attention to, but perhaps something that is a bit less complex than the last few, as they take so long to do. Something which is a variation of the existing Countryside theme would be a lot quicker to do, maybe with a cottage or castle in the foreground.
Other ideas for themes I have had:
- Harry Potter style castle with flying broomsticks
- Sherlock Holmes' study
- Airplane porthole
- Beach Cave
- Isle of Skye